The health and safety of our people is valued above all else and is our highest priority. We are uncompromising in our commitment to the health and safety of our employees, subcontractors, and customers. All incidents, injuries and occupational illnesses can be prevented. Therefore, we will continually improve our processes, demonstrate leadership, and promote comprehensive safety. We require individual accountability and collective responsibility. We expect all employees to adhere to our safety standards, and actively participate in and support the advancement of our health and safety practices. Safety is the responsibility of all employees, and we are committed to looking out for each other.
"Whether we are dredging the bottom of a waterway, removing silt from the bank of a river, or installing a new marine structure: safety is our priority."
SAFETY IS OUR PRIORITY
As professionals who work daily in close contact with the environment, we care about the ecosystem and do all that we can to ensure that the correct safeguards and procedures are in place.
Our Safety Values
All Encore employees are committed to an Injury-Free Work Environment (IFWE), in which we return safely to our families. Our safety values in this work environment are:
- We care for each other and treat each other with respect and dignity through open and honest communication.
- We work safely because it’s who we are.
- We always seek out a safe course in performing our daily operations.
- We take visible and proactive responsibility for our safety and our co-workers' safety, and we will not accept unsafe actions from ourselves or others.
- We stop unsafe actions without fear of repercussion.
- We elevate safety issues that cannot be resolved on our own or with our immediate supervisor to a member of the Safety Leadership Team.
- We continuously develop, improve, and use tools and resources to keep ourselves and one another safe.
- We require all vendors and subcontractors to uphold Encore’s Injury-Free Work Environment.
- We raise safety awareness as a part of our everyday life at work and at home.